SLIP Registration Announcement12-12-2016
The NCSLA SLIP registration process is currently available at our website https://slip.ncsla.com.
Before registering, please watch the tutorials at https://www.ncsla.com/tutorials for instructions on how to register.
This process will allow the licensee, or their designated representative, to register for the NCSLA SLIP system.
Please note, this process is different from registering for membership with the NCSLA. This will allow the licensee and or their representative to receive a login and password for the NCSLA SLIP system.
Due to SLIP assigning a set of invoices for each licensee registered, we advise that you only register one individual surplus lines licensee at your agency.
To receive your login information for SLIP, you must have an NC Surplus Lines License and you must pay the annual NCSLA membership dues.
The NCSLA will notify the licensee, or their representative, of their credentials as soon as their license and membership has been verified by the NCSLA. SLIP registrants will receive a notification that will provide login credentials, they will be sent out within 3-5 business days. However, we will not distribute credentials until 01/03/2017.
- Beginning on January 1, 2017, all new and renewal policies with an effective date beginning on 01/01/2017, and endorsements on these policies, must be filed using the NCSLA SLIP system. Only exceptions are Purchasing Groups and Independent Procurement Policies which will be handled by the NC Department of Insurance as they have been in the past.
- The NCSLA will charge a 0.4% Stamping Fee on all new policies and renewals with an effective date on or after 01/01/2017 as well as endorsements on these filings.
- All new filings and renewal policies with an effective date on or before 12/31/2016, and endorsements on the policies processed by the NCSLA will be subject to the current filing process of $110 for new, and $50.00 for any A/P endorsements. The 0.4% Stamping Fee will not apply to these filings.
- The current filing fees charged by the NCSLA for the policies that they file will not apply to the new and renewal business with effective dates beginning on 01/01/2017, and endorsements on these policies.
- All new filings and renewal policies with an effective date leading up to 12/31/2016, and endorsements on the filings processed by other resident licensees (not the NCSLA) will be subject to the guidelines provided by these licensees.
SEND QUESTIONS TO CONTACT@NCSLA.COM