All North Carolina surplus lines licensees (resident and non-resident) must join the NCSLA to retain a surplus lines license and allow access to the SLIP filing system. In cases where there are multiple North Carolina surplus lines licensees in one office, all licensees will be required to be members of the NCSLA before the office is granted access to SLIP.
These requirements apply to “all” North Carolina surplus lines licensees regardless of whether such licensee writes any business or makes any filings in North Carolina. Failure to register and pay dues will result in cancellation of your North Carolina surplus lines license by the North Carolina Department of Insurance (“NCDOI”).
- Must have a current North Carolina surplus lines license (resident or non-resident).
- Must complete the online membership application.
- Pay NCSLA Membership dues of $100.00 per licensee.
- If the NCDOI provides information that there are additional North Carolina surplus lines licensees in your office who have not registered or paid the required dues, access to SLIP will not be permitted until the licensees have complied with the requirements.
- Once the application and dues payment have been received and reviewed, the NCSLA will approve access to SLIP. (Click here for SLIP registration)